Tuesday, April 27, 2010

thoughts.

"You stood before creation
Eternity within Your hand
You spoke the earth into motion
My soul now to stand

You stood before my failure
Carried the Cross for my shame
My sin weighed upon Your shoulders
My soul now to stand

So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You

So I'll walk upon salvation
Your Spirit alive in me
This life to declare Your promise
My soul now to stand

So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You

So I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all

So I'll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours..."
 
~Hillsong "The Stand" 
 

 

 
This has been my theme song that has not left my mind for the past few days. As life is overwhelming and 
busy I just have to hand everything to God and leave it at His feet and focus on Him even more! I feel as 
though I have so many thoughts, ideas, dreams, desires but yet the days just aren't long enough for it all.    
Trying to prioritize is so hard! I’m struggling with it to be totally honest. I have such a hard time balancing it all.
 Life is good, I am doing well but I constantly want to make sure I am spending my time wisely and 
completing the most important of things, the things that will last for eternity. So with a smile and a hop in 
my step I press onward. As for photography I have been working daily on my weekly assignments. 
I honestly have not gotten much completed this week. I am currently working on my personal expense 
list though I’m honestly not feeling it. Currently I feel like finding adventure, capturing something inspirational
 and worth posting. A quote which I copied from a friend’s facebook status tonight really encouraged me. 
“"When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds 
are made under pressure" – Remember that!  
 
I pray I complete the assignment for this week before having my skype tomorrow night. Now I just have to 
see how long I can last tonight and still get to work early in the morning! :) 
Yay, one more thing completed....blogging! - Hopefully next week I'll be more consistent with it. 

3 comments:

  1. Way to be honest with where you are and where God has you now.

    I understand the need to prioritize in order to get things done. And making sure the things that are truly worth living for are the things you priortize into your day.

    I'll share a little about me my friend so you don't feel alone in this. You may have heard me mention health issues... It has been an uphill battle for me since Oct. I've gone through some scares as Dr's gave me stomach cancer as an option. Which led to more testing and realizing (thank GOD), that was not my problem. It wasn't until last week I finally got some answers. I have an autoimmune diesease called Lupus. I should be okay once we do more tests and find a way to regulate it.. meds and such.

    All that to say I've had to do a lot of thinking, prioritizing, and growing through all of this. Through all of this it has brought so much clearer to mind how fragile life is, and what do I want to be remembered for, what is worth living for? what are my goals? To what end am I living my life?

    My problem is not having enough hours in a day, but rather having enough energy to get through the day.. So I have to really prioritize what I'm getting done... knowing my energy levels right now aren't going to last too long. It's frustrating, but has made me prioritize on what is important in life!

    I'm praying for you friend, and I think you are doing a great job! I think it's been WAY too long since we've seen each other though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That qoute is truly encouraging. I could have swore I read this on FB as one of your status a few weeks back...maybe it was someone else? Either way I love your perspective, thanks for sharing. I also want to focus on that which will last for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Kristina, thanks for that. Its so true. And wow, how do you do it? Your amazing. I know its a God thing but way to live it. :)

    Chenoa, I love the quote. And yes, I believe it was a quote on my facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete